AirLink MP Series
"The MP's are back"!
The AirLink® MP Series are a high performance, LTE-Advanced vehicle router developed specifically for mobile mission critical applications in public safety, transit and field services.
Offering high power, long range Gigabit Wi-Fi and Gigabit Ethernet, and up to 300 Mbps downlink speeds over LTE-Advanced, the AirLink MP70 unites the fleet with the enterprise network and enables multiple field applications to work simultaneously, further and faster from the vehicle than ever before.
- Offers high performance vehicle area network (VAN)
- Provides connected vehicle awareness
- Purpose built for vehicles
- Provides secure intelligent communications
- Network management in the cloud or in the enterprise data center
Putting Lifesaving Tools at Responders’ Fingertips
Police, fire and emergency medical services (EMS) are the first line of defense in protecting the health and safety of citizens. Today, the Internet of Things (IoT) is putting new tools in the hands of mobile responders, so they can respond to incidents faster and more effectively.
A myriad of new technologies are providing powerful new capabilities for first responders.
- Police: Officers can now receive relevant information en route to a call—individuals involved, previous calls at the address, even real-time video surveillance feeds to better assess and respond. Connected police vehicles keep officers linked to state and federal criminal databases, police and courthouse applications, license plate recognition systems and much more.
- EMS: Paramedics can securely access electronic patient care records (EPCR) to understand a patient’s medical history and conditions when responding to an emergency. They can transmit vital signs from the field, and communicate back to hospitals for guidance or to prep emergency services—all of which can shave critical minutes off response times, and save lives.
- Fire: Firefighters can access extensive information from the vehicle when responding to fires. They can identify sites with hazardous materials and access building plans to determine the best method of access, and better protect emergency personnel and citizens.
In the past, applications like these relied on connected laptops or used multiple separate wireless connections. Today, a single, secure and highly reliable wireless broadband connection can deliver all of these applications, empowering responders in the field and helping agencies to manage fleets and resources more effectively.
For more than 15 years, Sierra Wireless has been helping public safety organizations deploy reliable and cost-effective wireless machine-to-machine (M2M) solutions. We provide complete gateway and management solutions and are the only vendor that offers a commercial solution—today—that can switch seamlessly between the new Band 14 first responder wireless spectrum and the three major U.S. commercial mobile networks.